Thursday, December 25, 2008

A Few of My Favorite Things

Here are a few of my favorite things this Christmas! First it's "my girls," Josie (5 1/2 years) & Maddie (3 1/2 years). A few weeks ago I came home with some stocking stuffers for them and I teased them and showed them the toys (I know, very mean of me). One toy had a squeeky in it, so not only did I show them the toys I squeeked it & it drove them bonkers. Then I stuffed the stockings and hung them up out of reach. Josie is such a smart dog (Maddie is very smart, too, but she doesn't care as much as Josie does for toys and treats - what a weird dog she is). Over the next few weeks Josie would go over to the stockings and sniff them - she knew her toy was in there waiting for her. Isn't this photo of the two of them posing in front of their Christmas stockings just precious?!

Josie is the black dog, Mad is the brown dog.

We have a cat, Dedo (who is named after a French Gargoyle), who has a stocking, too. I wanted to get her to have her sit and pose with Josie and Maddie but she won't stay still. She doesn't mind the dogs much, and the dogs definitely mind her!


After opening up my Christmas presents this afternoon, I have to say this was my favorite. This blue paper "ball." My husband hung it over my stocking - it was very exciting. I didn't even know it had something in it! How cool is that? It's a gift card holder from Anthropologie - I looove Anthropologie. I think it's my favorite store. However, I was even more enamoured with the blue paper ball the gift card came in. The ball is my favorite Christmas present this year (hee, hee!). I was telling Kev maybe we can find more of those in holiday colors and string them around the house to decorate next year.

Update on what's going on with sewing for my Etsy friends... I worked on this very cute little powder blue "sweat-dress" last night (something to throw on over workout clothes, maybe after yoga or dance, or whatever). I'm quite excited about it. I have to wash it one more time to get out my pen marks I used to mark my darts and then I'll get some photos of it and post it on Etsy soon.

Hope you all are having a very Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment